When I see programs like music awards or go to friends houses and see their kids swaying to bollywood music it makes me feel this country's taste of music and lyrics is going downhill. Songs like Sheela ki jawani. Munni badnam hui bag most awards and you see them topping the charts and kids loving it and dancing to them. Though I believe my thinking is quite modern I still prefer old music because of the melody and poetic beauty that they had and somehow cannot relate to the junk music of today. Some of the remixes are so pathetic that you wonder what has happened to the creative abilities of the modern day composers for them to take beautiful songs of the past and tweak them horribly. Why do they need to copy at all? Maybe, as I wrote in my previous post, children with poetic abilities are being pushed to become engineers and doctors so we lose them and therefore unable to produce anymore Tagores.
No comments:
Post a Comment